Global Cord Blood Corporation Announces Entry into Cell Therapy Market by Acquiring Cellenkos and Its Products Rights

April 29th 2022


HONG KONG, April 29, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Cord Blood Corporation (NYSE: CO, "GCBC" or the "Company"), China's leading provider of cord blood collection, laboratory testing, hematopoietic stem cell processing and stem cell storage services, announced today that the Company will acquire 100% of Cellenkos, Inc ("CLNK") and the rights to develop and commercialize all of its existing and future products worldwide except those related to CLNK's existing collaboration with Incyte Corporation (Nasdaq: INCY, "Incyte"). As of the date hereof, the Company has entered into agreements with the holders of approximately 95% of CLNK outstanding equity interest and GM Precision Medicine (BVI) Limited ("GMPM"). Following the entry into an agreement at substantially the same terms with the remaining 5% holder, at closing, the Company will issue approximately 125 million new shares (on an as-converted and fully diluted basis) valued at US$11 per share and pay US$664 million in cash as total consideration.


https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-cord-blood-corporation-announces-entry-into-cell-therapy-market-by-acquiring-cellenkos-and-its-products-rights-301536183.html